Friday, July 5, 2013

Karaoke singers - find the right song and it's all good...(well, sort of)

Now, when I do my karaoke gigs, (ha ha and I'm real professional karaoke singer, didn't you know?), I have a set list. There are no songs by sopranos on my list.

Why bother attempting to sing Whitney Houston's rendition of "I was always love you" when you know you can't hit the high notes? So, I stick to the more gravelly sounding female singers like Stevie Nicks, Blondie, Joan Jett, and Janis Joplin. Even my turn at Lita Ford's "Kiss me Deadly" was well received.

I don't want to rain on any one's karaoke umbrella(Ella, Ella), as I know singing is fun if you really like to do it. Plus it makes you feel like a rock star for a small amount of time.  Or maybe you are so drunk that you have decided to join the crowd.
I think if some people made a choice better suited for their voice,  it would all be good...

"Hmmm, is this thing on? I think some Monkees' songs are in order tonight!"

Rock on...

No comments: