Friday, June 21, 2013

"Love, Marilyn"

Yes, I do love Marilyn Monroe, but the title to this post is the name of a documentary that recently was brought to HBO.

And my dear hubby, told me it was on(As an obsessed fan I did know the existence of this film, just hadn't figured out how to go about viewing it), so I stayed up until the wee hours of the middle of the night to see my favorite movie star honored and quoted by a variety of actors and actresses

Based on collections of letters and other random writings of Norma Jean Baker's days, it's not like any other documentaries I've seen about her. There was no speculation about her death. It was more of a tribute and spotlight on her life.

A few of the people that were on it actually had been close to her so you get to some truly candid words.

I highly recommend it for fans of MM, and for anyone who likes documentaries - it's filmed in an unique way.

A wistful yet playful Marilyn

No comments: