Friday, November 23, 2012

A Multitude of Gratitude!

Thanksgiving Day may have come and gone, but I have done the "what I am grateful for every day" project for a long time. It helps to put everything in perspective and realize I do have something to be happy about.
I have kept notebooks, that are now filled with multiples lines of my musings and my thankfulness towards whatever seemed to have been brought about that particular day. Now, I have my blogs and a platform for my writing of which I will continue to do for the rest of my existence.

Drum roll, please....Here are the ten things I am Grateful for:

  1. Leftovers from Thanksgiving dinner - one slice of bread, turkey slices, stuffing, cranberry sauce, and gravy... Yummy!! Looking forward to having that shortly.
  2. Folgers Vanilla Biscotti flavored k-cups - They were on sale, and I'm glad I decided to buy them. Yummy coffee!!
  3. Getting to sleep very late today. I was up too late last night, but was able to make it up this morning. I haven't slept until 10:15 in a long time.
  4. T.J.'s silliness - Yesterday he test tasted my brownies and said they were not that good, Then when he ate one at his Aunt's house he turned me to and said, "Mom, these brownies are the best!" 
  5. Black clothes  - Thankfully I own very cute shirts and pants that are all black and are also comfortable and some are kind of dressy.
  6. The current vibe in my home. It is quiet, and all my children are busy and getting along. (Knock on wood)
  7. La Cave Suzanne Salon - A plug to the hair salon I go too is well deserved plug! My hairdresser, Kerri, is so nice, and I love how I feel every time I leave there. I am getting all glamoured up today for my big night out tonight to my 25th High School Reunion.
  8. My husband, he is always on this list and no, Turkey sandwiches are not above him literally I am being very random about this. I can be kind of a random jerk (it's the hormones, I swear) to him and he is still just his wonderful self. He has no idea how much I truly appreciate him!
  9. WBRU's Retro lunch hour - "How soon is now" totally trumps Christmas music right now. I love all music, but all other kinds stop at noon every day during the week to hear the Alternative music from the days of my youth.
  10. Being able to remember my crazy dream from last night - what a bizarre one!

Peace, Love and Understanding everyone!

3 comments:

MoonDog said...

I love thanksgiving leftovers too. I made a shephards pie kind of thing with them and they cleaned it right up. stuffing on bottom of pan, chicken(or turkey) leftovers on top of that, leftover sweetpotatoes, some carrot shreds I had on hand and mashed potatoes on top. baked in the oven and they couldnt get enough. Im thinking of having the last piece for lunch!

Unknown said...

that sounds delicious!

Unknown said...

I need a cup of that coffee!